Story of Redemption 1.5 - God Still Cares for His Creation
Extended Discussion / Devotional Thoughts on Story of Redemption 1.5 - God Still Cares for His Creation
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 1.5 video (one of several videos in part 1 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- Adam and Eve sinned, but God continued to show them love and care by providing them with clothes. What blessings does God continue to give us despite our mistakes?
- God also shows his love and care for Adam and Eve through the prophecy that "one of the descendants of Eve"--Jesus--would crush the serpent's (Satan's) head. Why was this prophecy an evidence of God's love?
- Redemption is freedom or blessing that has been bought with a price--something good that comes about through a major trial or sacrifice. What "stories of redemption" do we see in culture in various aspects of life?
- The blessings that we will discuss in the Story of Redemption include:
-forgiveness of sins
- the taking away of the tendency and desire to sin
- elimination of death and disease
- eliminate of pain and suffering
- the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit
- restoration of the peace, beauty, and harmony found in the Garden of Eden; and
- the restoration of close community with God and others.
Which of these blessings do you most look forward to?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email
If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 1 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake (1 Peter 1:18-20).
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?
2 Corinthians 13:11
2 Corinthians 13:9