Extended Discussion / Devotional Thoughts on Story of Redemption 1.1 - Love and Creation
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 1.1 video (one of several videos in part 1 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- There are a number of questions in this part of the story, including, - Who is God and what is he like? - Where do we come from and why do we exist? - If there is a God, why is there so much pain and suffering in the world? - Does God have a plan for my life? Which of these questions most resonates with you and those you know? Why?
- In the video, there is an opening story of a young girl named Chelsea who is diagnosed with leukemia, and who dies two days later. What questions does this story and events like this raise about God? What similar event have you or those you know experienced like this?
- What are the positive contributions of Science? What are things that Science explains well? What does it struggle to address?
- In the biblical account, God creates the world and everything in it, and everything is created “good” (Genesis 1:4, 10, 12, 18, 25, 31) What goodness do you see in the world?
- What evidence do you see that points toward a Creator of the universe?
- Who can you share this video and link with this week and follow-up with a call / conversation?
(Copy and paste this link: http://www.storyofredemptionfilms.com/programs/story-of-redemption-11-love-and-creation-introduction-in-the-beginning?autoplay=true)
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 1 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
“ 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer” (1 Timothy 4:4-5).
What do you learn about God & goodness from the following passages?
Matthew 6:9-11 _____________________________________________________________________
Matthew 12:33-35 ___________________________________________________________________
Psalm 19:1-2 _______________________________________________________________________
Psalm 100:1-4 ______________________________________________________________________
James 1:17-18 ______________________________________________________________________
Using this Video to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out this Video Link Through Social Media / Email
If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them.