Story of Redemption 1.2 - Made Out of Love
Extended Discussion / Devotional Thoughts on Story of Redemption 1.2 - Made Out of Love
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 1.1 video (one of several videos in part 1 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- In Scripture, it is said that "God is love." What do you see that points towards God being love? What makes this sometimes difficult to see?
- In the video, an analogy is used for why God chose to create humanity of parents deciding to have children. Parents often decide to have children, not because they are incomplete, but so that they can share the love that they have with their children and have children to love. And so, creating humanity to love is a natural desire of a loving God. How does this help in your understanding of God?
- If you have children, what kind of love and care do you show them? What gifts have you given them? How did God show love to Adam and Eve and what gifts did he give them?
- God created Adam and Eve to be in close community or relationship with him and each other, and this is how things were in the beginning. What is attractive about this image? How does this compare to the world that we find ourselves in today?
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 1 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him (1 John 4:7-9).
What do you learn about God & his love from the following passages?
1 John 1:10
1 John 1:11
1 John 1:12
1 John 1:16
1 John 1:19
Using this Video to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email
If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them.