Story of Redemption 1.3 - Community Is Lost
Extended Discussion / Devotional Thoughts on Story of Redemption 1.3 - Community Is Lost
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 1.3 video (one of several videos in part 1 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- God gave Adam and Eve so many gifts; however, he told them not to eat the fruit of the tree in the middle of the Garden of Edem. Why did he give them this choice? What would have been the alternatives?
- What choices does God give to us today?
- "Sin" is a failure to trust God with our lives, going against his ways, wishes, and designs for us and the world, resulting in hurt or harm to our relationships with God and others. How have you seen sin affect your relationships or that of others?
- When Adam and Eve sinned, their relationship with God and one another was destroyed, resulting in the loss of the close community that was found in the Garden of Eden. Where do people go to try to find community outside of God?
- What did Eve find attractive in taking the fruit that God told them not to eat of? What does this teach us about the types of things that may tempt us?
- What does this story teach us about God and people?
Using this Video to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email
If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 1 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
. . . 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ . . . without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ" (Ephesians 2:12-13).
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?
1 Corinthians 15:22