About This Class
Extended Discussion / Devotional Thoughts on Story of Redemption 21. - God's Grace to Adam and Eve
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 2.1 video (one of several videos in part 2 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- So much of our image of God is initially shaped by the kind of home that we grew up in. What kind of home did you grow up in, and how did this perhaps shape your image of God? What were the positives? What did you have to overcome?
- "Common grace" is the grace or blessing that God gives to us everyday-our homes, our jobs, our children, and more. How have you experienced this type of grace in your life?
- Grace is a free gift and cannot be earned; thus, it is by its nature undeserved--such as getting off from a speeding ticket by the police officer's "grace." How has God been gracious to you in an undeserved way?
- What do we learn from the story of Adam and Eve about God's grace?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email
If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 1 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?
1 Peter 4:10
2 Corinthians 8:7