Extended Discussion / Devotional Thoughts on Story of Redemption 2.3 - God's Grace to Noah
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 2.3 video (one of several videos in part 2 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- Throughout history, humanity has had a history of violence. What do you think is the cause of this?
- What would the world be like if evil, corruption, and violence were left unchecked?
- Why do you think that Noah found "grace" in the eyes of the Lord?
- God would save the world through having Noah build an ark, carrying them away from an evil world. If people could be that evil and violent, why do you think that God spared humanity and allowed the human race to continue?
- What kind of person must Noah have been to live differently than those around him? What kind of challenges or resistance might be have faced when building the ark?
- After Noah and his family were saved through the ark, God put a rainbow in the sky as a sign of his grace, saying that he would never again destroy the world by water. How does God continue to show grace to our world today?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 2 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
"For a brief moment I forsook you, But with great compassion I will gather you. "In an outburst of anger I hid My face from you for a moment, But with everlasting lovingkindness I will have compassion on you," Says the LORD your Redeemer. "For this is like the days of Noah to Me, When I swore that the waters of Noah Would not flood the earth again; So I have sworn that I will not be angry with you Nor will I rebuke you." - Isaiah 54:7-10
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?
Ezekiel 14:12-14, 21-23
1 Peter 3:18-21
Matthew 24:37-39; Luke 17:26-27
2 Peter 2:4-9