Extended Discussion of Story of Redemption 4.0 - Flatland and the Birth of Christ
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 3.4 video (one of several videos in part 3 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- What do you think of the Flatland analogy being applied to God?
- What do you think is the hardest thing for us to understand or comprehend about God?
- The Bible calls God the Alpha and the Omega—the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. What do you this tells us about God? What implications does this have for our lives?
- How does the bigness or extradimensional nature of God—the fact that God is so much bigger than us and beyond—make you feel? What could be difficult about this? What could be comforting?
- What is the most significant thing about God becoming human to you?
- What other analogies or explanations about God have you found helpful?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 3 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
"5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,did not consider quality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness" (Philippians 2:5-7).
What do you learn about God and people from the above passage?