About This Class
Extended Discussion of Story of Redemption 4.2
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 4.2 video (one of several videos in part 3 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- John the Baptist's main preaching message was, "Repent, for the kingdom of God is near." What is repentance? How does the relate to God's kingdom?
- The kingdom of God is the realm where God's will is done. Where do we see God's will honored today? Where is it dishonored or not followed?
- Why do you think the religious leaders - the Pharisees and Sadducees - did not respond to John the Baptist's message, but the common people did? What about this message might be challenging for us today?
- The people who heard John's message and accepted it confessed their sins and were baptized. Why is confession a key part of turning towards God? What might be difficult about confession? What might be the benefit?
- The people who accepted John's message also were baptized (immersed). What might be difficult about baptism? What would be the benefit?
- John the Baptist told the people, when they asked what they should do, not to extort (soldiers), take more than they ought (tax collectors), and to share with those in need (people). How does this message resonate today?
- What do you feel that our world needs to repent of today? How about you? What do you want to change in your life?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 4 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near" (Matthew 3:2).
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?
Proverbs 28:13 -
Acts 3:19 -
2 Peter 3:9 -
1 John 1:9 -
James 5:16 -