Extended Discussion of Story of Redemption 4.4
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 4.4 video (one of several videos in part 3 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- The Scriptures say that Jesus, though he was the Son of God, faced temptations "just as we do"--and yet did not sin. What do you think might have been the biggest temptation that Jesus faced in his time on earth?
- Why do you think "the Spirit led Jesus out into the desert to be tempted"? Why did Jesus have to go through this?
- Satan told Jesus to prove who he was--the Son of God--by turning stones into bread. What would have been wrong about doing this? When and how do we feel the temptation to "prove who we really are"?
- Satan told Jesus that, if he was the Son of God, he should throw himself down from the temple and have God save him. What would have been wrong with doing this? When are we maybe tempted to do something like this?
- Satan showed Jesus all of the kingdoms and splendor of this world, telling him that he could have all of this if he simply bowed down and worshiped him. Why would this have been a temptation for Jesus? How are we tempted in this way?
- What does the story of "The Forger Who Fooled the World" from the video demonstrate about temptation and sin?
- How did Jesus overcome temptation, and what lessons does this have for us?
- Which of the Spiritual disciplines (prayer, fasting, Bible study, Scripture meditation, silence and solitude, giving, etc.) would you most like to grow in and why?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 4 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
"For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18).
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?
- 1 Corinthians 10:13
- 1 Timothy 6:9
- 1 Peter 4:12
- Luke 22:40
- James 1:12-15
- Hebrews 4:15
- 2 Timothy 2:22