Extended Discussion of Story of Redemption 5.2
The Story of Redemption Film Series has eight parts, with 4-5 videos in each part, each video being 5-6 minutes long. The series is designed to where this series can be gone through in eight weeks, with several videos being watched each week. However, each video can also serve as a stand alone devotional thought / discussion prompter. The questions below are for using the SOR 5.2 video (one of several videos in part 3 of this series) in this more extended fashion. CLICK HERE to begin watching the full series!
Using this Video as a Devotional Thought or in a (Seeker) Small Group
Questions to Ask
- Jesus told his disciples, "You are the light of the world." What do you think that it means to be the light of the world? How can we be a light to the world today?
- In "The Beatitudes," Jesus says that those who are poor in spirit, merciful, meek, peacemakers, and more are blessed in his kingdom. How are these value different than that those of the world?
- Jesus taught his disciples to respond to hardship and persecution by "turning the other cheek"--not retaliating, but instead, continuing to bless those who curse us. How is this different from the teaching and philosophy of the world? Why would we want to live like this?
- In his book The Rise of Christianity, Rodney Stark estimates that the number of people seeking to follow Christ grew nearly 40 percent per decade in the first three centuries after Christ. During this time the church had few political leaders or laws on their side. What do you think caused the Christian faith to grow so quickly?
- The early Christians valued life, and rescued baby girls that had been abandoned upon the city walls across the Roman Empire. Why do Christians place such a high value upon life?
- The early Christians valued and respected women and marriage. Why do Christians place such a high value upon women and marriage?
- The early Christians reached out to people of all races, socio-economic levels, and ethnicities. Why does Christianity have such a universal call?
Using this Video Series to Reach Out to Seekers (on an Individual Level)
- Step 1: Pray for your seeker friend, and ask God to bless your conversations and relationship with them.
- Step 2: Send Out This Video Link Through Social Media / Email If sending through social media / email, send the link to this page out to a seeker friend with the following note: "Hi ________. I wanted to share this short video with you from a film series that I found. It seems to address some good questions about who God is and why we are here. I will follow-up with you in a day or two to see what you think, maybe grab some coffee and discuss a bit."
- Step 3: Reach out to Your Friend and seek to set up a time to get together socially to discuss.
- Step 4: Ask some of the above questions that come from the video when you get together.
- Step 5: Ask your seeker friend what you can be praying for for them
For Further Study - DOWNLOAD the .pdf of Part 4 in the Story of Redemption!
Discovery Bible Study - Make three columns on a piece of paper In column 1, write out the following verse. In column 2, write the verse in your own words. In column 3, write out how you will apply this verse this week.
"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life'" (John 8:12).
What do you learn about God and people from the following passages?